[Neuroinfo] Call for Submissions to Workshop on Computational Biology at ICML 2016

Sandhya Prabhakaran sp3301 at columbia.edu
Sat Apr 16 14:16:51 CEST 2016

Dear Colleagues,

Please kindly circulate this to interested graduate students, post-docs and
faculty.

*Call For Submissions

We invite submissions to the Workshop on Computational Biology <
https://sites.google.com/site/compbioworkshopicml2016/> to be held in
conjunction with ICML 2016 <http://icml.cc/2016/> conference in New York
City, NY (June 19-24, 2016). In Computational Biology, there has been
credible developments in many high-throughput technologies such as
next-generation sequencing, CyToF and single-cell sequencing that enable
data generation from many interesting biological systems. The gamut of
novel algorithms in Machine Learning makes it very attractive to apply
these methods to the challenging biological questions. It therefore only
seems befitting to bring together researchers engaged in applying ML in
Computational Biology to discuss recent advances in this interdisciplinary
field and ongoing developments. We have invited several distinguished
speakers from the Computational Biology community to discuss and present
their current research. We also invite extended abstracts dealing with
applications of ML methods or bioinformatics approaches to biological and
biomedical data.

*Important Dates

Deadline for submissions : May 1, 2016

Notification of acceptance : May 10, 2016

Workshop date : June 24th 2016 (Friday, second day of workshops)

*Submission

All novel Computational Biology approaches are of interest to the workshop.
We welcome original extended abstracts that present recently published work
as well as preliminary ideas. Extended abstracts should not exceed 4 pages
in length (plus 1 optional page for references) and should be in pdf format
(one column, font size 12). The submission need not be anonymized. If the
abstract concerns previously published work, please cite the original paper
in the workshop submission.

All accepted contributions shall be presented at the poster session. Awards
for Best Poster Presentations will be sponsored by Google.

In addition, a set of best submissions will also have the opportunity to
present their work as Contributed Talks, and will receive Travel Awards
sponsored by IBM Research.

Accepted abstracts will have the option of being published on the workshop
website. For authors who do not wish their abstracts to be posted online or
become citable, please mention this in the workshop submission.

Submissions should be made through the EasyChair <
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=compbioworkshopicml2> system.

*Invited Speakers

Barbara Engelhardt, Princeton University

Jennifer Listgarten, Microsoft Research

Christina Leslie, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center

*Registration

All participants must register for the ICML 2016 conference.

*Contact

For workshop-related queries please contact:

icml2016compbio at gmail.com

We are looking forward to your submissions!

Organizing Committee:

Dana Pe'er, Columbia University

Elham Azizi, Columbia University

Sandhya Prabhakaran, Columbia University

Olga Troyanskaya, Princeton University

Edoardo Airoldi, Harvard University
Volker Roth, University of Basel