[Neuroinfo] Fwd: INCF and neuroinformatics at SfN 2013 - exhibits, demos, and social activities!

Malin Sandström malin.sandstrom at incf.org
Tue Nov 5 13:44:21 CET 2013

Dear colleagues,

(with apologies for cross-posting)

this year as usual, INCF will exhibit at SfN Neuroscience 2013 in San
Diego. You can find us in booth #4128, near many other neuroinformatics
exhibitors, where we will be available for questions on neuroscience data,
data sharing, standards, infrastructure and other neuroinformatics key
areas. We also host three days of demos of interesting tools and projects
(see full program below).

You are all invited to come by our booth to get updated on this year's
activities, to view a demo or two or to simply sit down in our (very comfy)
sofa for some combined networking and relaxation. Together with the
Neuroscience Information Framework (NIF) we also have a neuroinformatics
social on Sunday November 10 6:30-9:30 pm, at the Cat Eye Club near the
convention center. Light refreshments served, please remember to bring your
SfN badge!

An overview of INCF's activities at SfN can be found via our webpages on:
http://incf.org/community/sfn2013 You can also follow our live Twitter
updates during the event via twitter.com/INCForg.

Best regards,
Malin Sandström
----

********************

Live demos at the INCF booth #4128 at SfN in San Diego: meet tool
developers and project contact persons from various neuroscience fields,
get hands-on experience and ask them your questions.

And don't miss the Neuroinformatics Social at the Cat Eye Club on 370
Seventh Avenue, 6:30-9:30 pm on Sunday Nov. 10th!

Sunday, Nov. 10th
-------------------------
09:30 - 12:30

New Methods Enhance the SenseLab Portal and Modeler's Experience
McDougal R, Wang R, Cavarretta F, Marenco L, Morse TM, Hines ML, Carnevale
NT, Cheung KH, Migliore M, Miller P, Shepherd GM

Computing, querying, and visualizing brains, shape features, metrics, and
templates: A prototype webapp infrastructure built on NIDM
Stoner R, Nichols N, Klein A, Ghosh S

13:30 - 16:30

Search with Brain Atlas and an Integrative Neuroinformatics Environment
Developed at Japan Node
Tanabe H, Okumura Y, Yamaguchi Y

Taking advantage of the Digital Atlasing Infrastructure
Haselgrove C, Boline J

Monday, Nov. 11th
--------------------------
09:30 - 12:30

The Multi-modal Australian ScienceS Imaging and Visualisation Environment
(MASSIVE) high performance computing infrastructure: applications in
neuroscience and neuroinformatics research
Goscinski W, McIntosh P, Felzmann U, Mazimenko A, Hill C, Gureyev T, Janke
A, Galloway G, Killeen N, Barnes D, Kaluza O, Bonnington P, Egan GF

Open source web-based infrastructure for brain atlas reconstruction,
visualization and mining: 3D Brain Atlas Reconstructor, Scalable Brain
Atlas and a new marmoset brain template
Wójcik DK, Bakker R, Chan J, Chaplin T, Chłodzińska N, Kowalski JM, Rosa M,
Yu HH, Majka P

13:30 - 16:30

Web services and software for management and sharing of neurophysiological
data
Wachtler T, Sobolev A

A simple tool for data sharing and quality control in neuroimaging
Haselgrove C, and the INCF Neuroimaging Data Sharing Task Force

Tuesday, Nov. 12th
-----------------------------
9:30 - 12:30

The INCF Data Space (IDS): Connect and share neuroscience data
Smith C, Valls Guimera R

NeuroDebian: from disjoint tools and data to robust turnkey platform for
neuroimaging and beyond
Halchenko YO

13:30 - 16:30

Waxholm Space Atlas of the Sprague Dawley Rat Brain
Papp EA, Leergaard TB, Calabrese E, Johnson GA, Bjaalie JG

OpenWorm: An open science approach to computational neuroscience
Larson S

All info about this year's INCF activities at SfN can be found via this
webpage:http://www.incf.org/community/sfn2013

The International Neuroinformatics Coordinating Facility (INCF) is an
international organization launched in 2005, following a proposal from the
Global Science Forum of the OECD to establish international coordination
and collaborative informatics infrastructure for neuroscience – and
currently has 17 member countries across North America, Europe, Australia
and Asia. INCF establishes and operates scientific programs to develop
standards for neuroscience data sharing, analysis, modeling and simulation
while coordinating an informatics infrastructure designed to enable the
integration of neuroscience data and knowledge worldwide and catalyze
insights into brain function in health and disease.

*******************

--
Malin Sandström, PhD
Community Engagement Officer
malin.sandstrom at incf.org

International Neuroinformatics Coordinating Facility
Karolinska Institutet
Nobels väg 15 A
SE-171 77  Stockholm
Sweden