[Neuroinfo] New video from INCF: "Why neuroinformatics?"

Malin Sandström malin.sandstrom at incf.org
Wed Nov 13 13:04:08 CET 2013

Dear all,

at the end of last week, Sunday November 10 at SfN,  INCF released a 3
minute video produced to explain why neuroinformatics is needed: "Why
neuroinformatics? <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuSdhaGGlAg>"  The video
is on YouTube and on the INCF
website<http://incf.org/about/why-neuroinformatics>,
and has already had over 500 views.

In the video, a number of neuroinformatics community members describe
different aspects of why neuroscience needs neuroinformatics.

There are also four supplementary videos:
- one interview with Maryann
Martone<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvQsVQ4EmlY> (INCF
Node USA & NIF) on why she is engaged in INCF
- one interview with Clay Reid
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzpZleIhCzw> (Allen
Institute for Brain Science) on neuroinformatics and data sharing
- one interview with Sean Hill
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ14fuAkkTc> (INCF
Scientific Director) on neuroinformatics and INCF
- one collection of short interviews on
Training<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHnW0z2qeQE> featuring
Marja-Leena Linne (INCF Node Finland) and three students from the 2013
Short Introduction to Neuroinformatics course

We hope that you, as neuroinformatics community members, like these videos
and find them useful - if you do, we would like to encourage you to share
them, embed them on your websites, or include them in your presentations.
We are also very interested in your feedback - please feel free to contact
us if you have any comments (or comment on the videos directly; we read all
comments).

Best regards,
Malin Sandström

--
Malin Sandström, PhD
Community Engagement Officer
malin.sandstrom at incf.org

International Neuroinformatics Coordinating Facility
Karolinska Institutet
Nobels väg 15 A
SE-171 77  Stockholm
Sweden