[Neuroinfo] Computational neuroscience, neuroinformatics and seed funding with INCF in booth #4112 at Neuroscience 2016

Malin Sandström malin.sandstrom at incf.org
Thu Nov 10 20:56:23 CET 2016

Dear all,

if you are attending Neuroscience 2016 in San Diego, please consider
visiting INCF in booth #4112. We host *community demos* of computational
neuroscience and neuroinformatics tools Sunday-Tuesday (see schedule
below). We also have a comfortable sofa and a few chairs, which you are
welcome to use for impromptu meetings, and while you visit you can find out
more about our new *seed funding* program. On Monday Nov 14 we have an INCF
US Node *social* at 8pm at the Tipsy Crow a few blocks away from the
convention center.

This SfN also marks the pilot release of *KnowledgeSpace* (
https://knowledge-space.org/index.html), a community encyclopedia developed
by us, NIF, BBP and HBP.  It is an open project and we welcome
participation and contributions from members of the global research
community. It will be demoed in the NIF booth (#4115) just across the aisle
from INCF.

Since this year is our tenth consecutive year as exhibitors we also have a
special commemorative t-shirt for our booth visitors.

More info: https://www.incf.org/news/incf-at-sfn-2016

Welcome!
---------------

*Community tool demos with INCF in booth #4112*

SUNDAY NOV 13

9:30-11:15

NeuroExpresso and NeuroElectro: cell-type specific databases for gene
expression and neuron electrophysiology (S. Tripathy, O. Mancarci, L.
Toker, P. Pavlidis)

11:15-13:00

Spatial integration of vectorial and associated image data  (P. Varsanyi,
P. Gombkoto, J. Reep and L. Zaborszky)

13:30-15:15

OpenWorm: Pivoting open science from infrastructure to discovery (S. Larson)

15:15-17:00

NeuronUnit: data-driven model validation for computational neuroscience (R.
C. Gerkin, J. Birgiolas, R. Jarvis, K. Dai, S. Crook)

MONDAY NOV 14

9:30-11:15

Discovering neuronal interactions, models and properties by browsing
microcircuits in multiple spatial scales (L. N. Marenco, R. Wang, R. A.
McDougal, F. Cavarretta, M. Surles-Zeigler, T. M. Morse, M. Migliore, N.
T. Carnevale, M. L. Hines, P. Miller, G. M. Shepherd)

11:15-13:00

Hands-on interactive live demos of NeuroMorpho.Org and Hippocampome.org (R.
Armananzas, G. A. Ascoli, D. W. Wheeler)

13:30-15:15

Construction of the Marmoset Brain Map in Brain/MINDS (Brain/MINDS Database
Council, RIKEN BSI)

15:15-17:00

J-Node Neuroinformatics Platforms: I Translational medicine and recent
innovations, II Mouse Phenotype Database (S. Kakei, K. Takao, Y. Morii)

TUESDAY NOV 15

9:30-11:15

The Virtual Brain PSE: Advances in Parameter Exploration Viewer for full
human brain simulations (D. Bayly, L. Domide)

11:15-13:00

Neuronify: An educational app for simulation of neural circuits (S.A.
Dragly, M. Hobbi Mobarhan, A. V. Solbrå, S. Tennøe, H. P. Langtangen, A.
Malthe-Sørenssen, M. Fyhn, T. Hafting, G. T. Einevoll)

13:30-15:15

Data management and data sharing made easy - tools and infrastructure (C.
Kellner, A. Stoewer, M. Sonntag, A. Koutsou, A. Sobolev, C. Garbers, J.
Grewe, T. Wachtler)

15:15-17:00

Waxholm Space (J. Gee)

--
Malin Sandström, PhD
Community Engagement Officer
malin.sandstrom at incf.org

International Neuroinformatics Coordinating Facility
Karolinska Institutet
Nobels väg 15 A
SE-171 77  Stockholm
Sweden