[Neuroinfo] Posting for New Post-Doctoral Fellowship

Narcis Alexyss Marshall narcis.marshall at wayne.edu
Mon Oct 10 16:57:49 CEST 2016

Hello,

We would like to send out a posting about our new post-doctoral fellowship opening, if possible. This posting is on behalf of PI Moriah Thomason, PhD, and is for a Post-Doctoral Fellowship with a rolling deadline.

Title: Postdoctoral Position in NIH Fetal Brain Research Laboratory at Wayne State University

Name of Supervisor: Dr. Moriah E. Thomason
Name of Lab: Social Cognitive Affective Neurodevelopment Laboratory (SCAN Lab)

The Social Cognitive Affective Neurodevelopment Laboratory (SCAN Lab) at Wayne State University is seeking a post-doctoral fellow as part of an NIH funded research project that uses MRI techniques to examine neural networks prior to and at the time of birth. The fellow will direct longitudinal data collection in the San Francisco Bay Area, beginning with MRI scanning during pregnancy and continuing with MRI examinations through early infancy. In parallel, the fellow will leverage an existing data set to test hypotheses linking early brain biomarkers to neurobehavioral development, using data collected in children across the first 5 years of life. The project PI is Dr. Moriah Thomason, more info at: www.brainnexus.com<http://www.brainnexus.com>.

The position includes ample RA support and collaborations with graduate students and faculty.

Qualifications

  *   Background in developmental neuroscience research
  *   Experience in functional MRI, functional connectivity, or DTI
  *   Programming skills (e.g., Matlab, x11; preferred)
  *   Expertise in statistics
  *   A promising publication record
  *   Applicants must have a PhD or MD

For more information and directions to apply, please visit: http://www.brainnexus.com/blog/new-post-doctoral-position.html

Please let me know if there’s anything additional I can send you!

Warm thanks,
Narcis

____

Narcis A. Marshall

Wayne State University | Thomason SCAN Lab Research Coordinator
Merrill Palmer Skillman Institute (MPSI)
Direct: 313-664-2523 | Lab: 313-664-2525
www.brainnexus.com<http://www.brainnexus.com>

Wayne State University | TNP2 Lab Clinical Research Assistant
Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
Department of Pharmacology
www.tnp2lab.org<http://www.tnp2lab.org>