[Neuroinfo] Faculty Position in Biophysics including Neurophysics

Ralf Wessel rw at physics.wustl.edu
Thu Sep 8 22:15:02 CEST 2016

Biological/Biomedical Physics

The Department of Physics in the School of Arts and Sciences announces a
tenure-track faculty opening at the Assistant Professor level in the
Biophysics sub-discipline. We are searching for an experimentalist, but
applications from data-driven theorists will also be favorably considered.
We are seeking a candidate who will enhance activities within the Physics
Department and develop connections with other Arts and Sciences,
Engineering School, and Medical School Departments. The duties of the
position will include, but are not limited to, teaching and advising
students, conducting original research and publishing the results, and
participating in departmental and university service. A PhD in Physics or
a closely related field is required, along with the ability to teach a
range of traditional undergraduate physics courses in addition to
specialized courses. Candidates are sought who have highly visible
research achievements and who have a strong aptitude for teaching and
mentoring students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The
appointment will begin Fall 2017. Information on our department can be
found at http://www.physics.wustl.edu.

Applications should consist of the following: cover letter, current resume
including publication record, statement of research interests and plans
(up to 4 pages), statement of teaching interests and approach (up to 2
pages), and names and complete contact information (including email
addresses) of three references. Application materials must be submitted
electronically by email as a single file in editable (e.g. not password
protected) PDF format to biophysicssearch at physics.wustl.edu. For full
consideration applications should be submitted on or before November 1,
2016.

http://physics.wustl.edu/faculty_openings

--
Ralf Wessel, Professor of Physics