[Neuroinfo] Post-doc position in computational neuromodulation

Yujiang Wang Yujiang.Wang at newcastle.ac.uk
Thu Dec 7 17:48:52 CET 2017

Dear All,

one Postdoctoral Researcher position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Yujiang Wang (http://www.ywang.co.uk) at Newcastle University (UK) on the project: Identifying Optimal Neurostimulation for Epilepsy using Computational Approaches (IONECA) for a period of 2 years.

The goal of the project is to understand how current neuromodulation techniques impact brain networks in patients with epilepsy, and how we can use this understanding to improve neuromodulation as a potential treatment for epilepsy. This project involves close collaboration with clinical and experimental laboratories. You will be responsible for the analysis and interpretation of existing neuromodulation research datasets, as well as for developing computational simulations and models to enable mechanistic understanding of neuromodulation in epilepsy. Crucially, the combination of data analysis and modelling will enable us to make predictions about optimal neuromodulation strategies, which can then be tested by our clinical and experimental collaborators.

Informal enquiries regarding the post should be directed to yujiang.wang at ncl.ac.uk.

For more information, or to apply, please follow this link:

http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BGE614/research-assistant-associate-identifying-optimal-neurostimulation-for-epilepsy-using-computational-approaches-d100713r/

Best wishes

Yujiang

- - -