[Neuroinfo] Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Computer Science
Uwe.Aickelin at nottingham.edu.cn
Thu Jun 15 05:28:55 CEST 2017
The University of Nottingham Ningbo China is currently recruiting Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Computer Science. It will be much appreciated if you can help forward this email to suitable candidates.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Computer Science
Closing Date: Open till filled
Contract Status: Full Time, fixed-term for 3 years
Salary & Benefits: RMB208,000- RMB260,000 per annum before all deductions, depending on qualifications and experience
Location: Ningbo China
Join a unique British University in China. The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was the first Sino-foreign University to open its doors in China. This award winning campus offering a UK style education has grown to establish a student body of over 7,000 in just 12 years.
Applications are invited for the above posts in the Ningbo Nottingham International Academy for Marine Economy and Technology within the Faculty of Science & Engineering based at the University of Nottingham Ningbo, China. The School of Computer Science at UNNC is part of the School of Computer Science at the University of Nottingham, UK, which is ranked among the top UK Computer Science departments (http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/computerscience/). The School at UNNC offers a full range of undergraduate and postgraduate computer science programmes. Supported by major research grants, the School of Computer Science at UNNC is developing strong research in areas including Big Data and Visual Analytics, Computational Intelligence, Software Implementation and Testing, and Visual Information Processing. Computer Science at UNNC is a designated strategic area for growth in the University's Strategy 2020 Plan.
Applications are invited for 2 prestigious Research Fellowships in our Faculty of Science and Engineering to establish a new Centre of Excellence in the application of optimization and datamining as relevant to the Ningbo Nottingham International Academy for Marine Economy and Technology. Candidates will work as a member of a growing team to establish state of the art laboratory facilities, to develop technology transfer opportunities with local and international companies and to supervise and carry out innovative research.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Perform fundamental computer science research for the development of new algorithms and systems as relevant to the marine economy and related areas;
* Work with clients to optimize models and processes for a particular application especially in the transport industries;
* Supervise undergraduate and postgraduate students and provide training in research and laboratory methodologies and protocols;
* Manage projects to agreed schedules and outputs;
* Develop research proposals, project reports and research publications;
* Present proposals to clients and funding agencies;
* Disseminate results at scientific meetings and sponsor visits;
* Work with IP specialists to protect and exploit research discoveries;
* Work proactively to create new opportunities for business growth through new research and training partnerships.
How to Apply
Please send job application with the following documents before the closing date:
1. UNNC Application Form (please download from here);
2. Cover Letter;
Please kindly note that all documents should be completed in English and in Word/ PDF format.
Late or incomplete application will not be considered to be shortlisted.
Please send application and enquiries to job at nottingham.edu.cn<mailto:job at nottingham.edu.cn>.
The closing date for an initial review of applicants will be Friday 2 July 2017. The post will remain open until filled.
For more details please access: http://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/hr/jobs/current/ad17046.aspx
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Neuroinfo