[Neuroinfo] PhD project in "Data-mining for large-scale neural recordings"

Mark Humphries mark.humphries at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Mar 29 12:43:26 CEST 2017

We seek PhD candidates for the project "Data-mining for large-scale neural recordings", supervised by Dr Mark Humphries at the University of Manchester.

The aim of this project is to develop data-mining (or "knowledge-discovery") approaches to large-scale neural recordings. This project will build on a range of statistical and machine-learning tools built by the Humphries' lab [Humphries, 2011; Bruno et al 2015], to develop a comprehensive, statistically-rigorous approach to data-mining neural activity recordings. We seek candidates with a background in statistics, physics, maths, computer science, engineering, or other quantitative disciplines.

(Bruno, A., Frost, W. F., & Humphries, M. D. (2015) Modular deconstruction reveals the dynamical and physical building blocks of a locomotion motor program. Neuron, 86, 304-318.
Humphries, M. D. (2011) Spike-train communities: finding groups of similar spike-trains. Journal of Neuroscience, 31: 2321-2336)

Deadline for applications: Friday, 21st April 2017
More information, and how to apply: https://www.findaphd.com/search/ProjectDetails.aspx?PJID=84600&LID=1020

Questions: mark.humphries at manchester.ac.uk<mailto:mark.humphries at manchester.ac.uk>

Our lab: http://www.systemsneurophysiologylab.manchester.ac.uk/

Dr Mark Humphries | MRC Senior non-Clinical Research Fellow | Faculty of Biology, Medicine & Health