[Neuroinfo] Open Postdoctoral Positions @ The Champalimaud Nueroscience Programme

Eugenia Chiappe eugenia.chiappe at neuro.fchampalimaud.org
Tue Oct 3 18:17:04 CEST 2017

Dear Colleagues,

The laboratory of Sensorimotor Integration at the Champalimaud Neuroscience
Programme has two open postdoctoral positions with ERC-based funding for 5
years upon successful performance.  Our lab studies visuomotor
transformations for locomotion control. For this purpose, we combine
quantitative behavioral analysis, recordings of single-cell and population
dynamics, and modeling to understand the mechanisms by which neural
circuits incorporate visual and non-visual signals to represent a fly’s
locomotive movements. Furthermore, by selective and systematic
perturbations of genetically identified populations of neurons, we aim to
make specific links among cell identity, neural circuit computations, and
the control of different aspects of locomotion.

We are seeking for highly motivated individuals, with an excellent record
in critical thinking (!), and a capacity to work in a highly collaborative
and interactive environment. Previous experience in visual physiology
and/or optical imaging, or a quantitative background is a plus, but most
importantly are a fascination to understand complex biological systems, and
to enjoy performing experiments.

Successful applicants will join a vibrant collaborative research
environment, where 15 different independent research groups focus their
work on the link between neural activity and behavior. For more
information, please contact Eugenia Chiappe directly (
Eugenia.chiappe at neuro.fchampalimuad.org), or visit our sites: chiappeLab.org
<http://www.chiappeLab.org>; neuro.fchampalimaud.org

Best,
Eugenia.-