[Neuroinfo] 2018 Summer School in Computational Physiology

Rachel Thomas rachel at simula.no
Fri Feb 16 15:07:23 CET 2018

2018 Simula Summer School in Computational Physiology is now open for
applications.

*Simula Research Laboratory, Oslo, Norway, June 18-29 University of
California San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA, August 9-17 *
Travel grants are available through Simula.

In conjunction with the University of California San Diego, Simula Research
Laboratory is pleased to announce the 5th edition of our annual Summer
School in Computational Physiology. This school focuses on multiscale
modelling of electrophysiology and mechanics of the heart, and related
material in computational neurophysiology and pharmacology.

We are currently seeking master's and early doctoral students to
participate, and will accept applications until March 15th, 2017. The
initial series of lectures will be hosted by Simula Research Laboratory in
Oslo, Norway (June 18th-29th), followed by project work, a workshop in
scientific presentation skills, and final student presentations hosted by
the University of California San Diego from August 9th-17th.

The travel and accommodation expenses for successful applicants will be
supported by grants from Simula designed to cover these costs.

*More information: *
Details regarding logistics, core scientific material, and the application
process can be found through our online call for participation:
www.simula.no/sscp

*Contacts*:

   - Scientific content: Dr. Andy Edwards (andy at simula.no*)*
   - General inquiries: Dr. Rachel Thomas (rachel at simula.no <elin at simula.no>