[Neuroinfo] Neuroinformatics 2019: Hands-on training opportunities on 31 August

education at humanbrainproject.eu education at humanbrainproject.eu
Thu Aug 1 09:05:07 CEST 2019

Dear all,

In the context of Neuroinformatics 2019 <https://www.neuroinformatics2019.org/>, 3 hands-on workshops are taking place on 31 August. The courses offer interactive training in tools and approaches related to the work of the Human Brain Project.

 The Virtual Brain: Node #9 Workshop <applewebdata://F3C05BB9-3233-482E-AFBC-C52695B3C0FE/bit.ly/tvb-node9>
This workshop will explain the fundamental principles of full brain network modelling using The Virtual Brain (TVB) <https://www.thevirtualbrain.org/> open-source neuroinformatics platform. The programme combines oral presentation and hands-on sessions, which allow participatns to immediately apply the concepts from the lectures to their simulations.

Registration deadline: 31 July 2019

Contact: julie.courtiol at charite.de <mailto:julie.courtiol at charite.de>

 Neuroscience data integration through use of digital murine brain atlases <https://www.neuroinformatics2019.org/training-sessions/neuroscience-data-integration-through-use-of-digital-brain-atlases/>
This full-day course combines lectures and hands-on training sessions and introduces participants to key concepts and methods for data sharing, and the 3D mouse and rat brain reference atlases used for spatial data integration.

Registration deadline: 15 August 2019

Contact: m.e.brigg at medisin.uio.no <mailto:m.e.brigg at medisin.uio.no>

 Simulating the brain with the Brain Simulation Platform <https://www.neuroinformatics2019.org/sp6-brain-simulation-platform/>
This short course introduces participants to the Brain Simulation Platform (BSP) of the Human Brain Project (HBP). After the course, participants will be able to use the BSP and access HPC systems to configure and run simulations, to visualise and analyse simulation results, and to form collaborative groups interested in exploring scientific issues of common interest.

Registration deadline: 15 August 2019

Contact: bsp-support at humanbrainproject.eu <mailto:bsp-support at humanbrainproject.eu>

If you have further questions, please feel free to contact education at humanbrainproject.eu <mailto:education at humanbrainproject.eu>.

We are looking forward to seeing you in Warsaw!

Theresa Rass
HBP Education Programme
Project Manager - Targeted Engagement and Knowledge Transfer

Medical University Innsbruck (MUI)
Müllerstraße 59, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Phone Office: +43 512 9003 71246
Mobile Phone: +43 676 871672246
Email: education at humanbrainproject.eu

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn!

Keep up with the Education Programme’s latest news, event information, job offers, videos and more. Share our news with your friends and colleagues to help spreading our education and training opportunities throughout the international research community.

Where to follow:

Twitter: @HBP_Education <https://twitter.com/HBP_Education>
Facebook: @hbpeducation <https://www.facebook.com/hbpeducation/>
LinkedIn: HBP Education Programme <https://www.linkedin.com/company/hbpeducationprogramme>