[Neuroinfo] Fruit Fly Brain Hackathon 2019

Yiyin Zhou yiyin at ee.columbia.edu
Sat Mar 2 06:28:48 CET 2019

Fruit Fly Brain Hackathon 2019
FFBH 2019 <http://fruitflybrain.org/hackathons>March 20, 2019Columbia
University, New York, NY 10027

The 4th Fruit Fly brain Hackathon (FFBH 2019) will be held on Wednesday,
March 20, 2019. The goal of the hackathon is to bring together researchers
interested in developing executable models of the fruit fly brain. In this
year’s hackathon, we will focus on the FlyBrainLab
<http://www.bionet.ee.columbia.edu/research/ffbo/fbl> (FBL), a newly
developed interactive computing platform for studying the function of
executable circuits constructed from fly brain data. The hackathon is aimed
at three main groups of participants: neurobiologists, modelers and
software engineers. We welcome researchers working on the fruit fly brain
as well as those working on other model organisms to participate and
broaden the discussion in the hackathon.

The Fruit Fly Brain Hackathon 2019 is organized in conjunction with
the Columbia
Workshop on Brain Circuit, Memory and Computation
<http://fruitflybrain.org/workshops.html> on March 21-22, 2019.
Participants of the hackathon are welcome to attend the workshop.

Registration is free but all participants have to register
<https://ffbh2019.eventbrite.com/>. (*https://ffbh2019.eventbrite.com/
<https://ffbh2019.eventbrite.com/>*).

Organizers:
Tingkai Liu, Department of Electrical Engineering, Columbia University
Mehmet Kerem Turkcan, Department of Electrical Engineering, Columbia
University
Chung-Heng Yeh, Department of Electrical Engineering, Columbia University
Yiyin Zhou, Department of Electrical Engineering, Columbia University

More information can be found on the hackathon website:
http://fruitflybrain.org/hackathons

Best Regards,

Yiyin Zhou,
on behalf of the organizers