[Neuroinfo] Bernstein Conference 2019 in Berlin: Call for Abstracts

Bernstein Communication bernstein.communication at fz-juelich.de
Mon May 13 14:31:39 CEST 2019

BERNSTEIN CONFERENCE 2019 in Berlin - Abstract submission and registration now open!

Early bird registration deadline: July 09, 2019
Please register here: https://www.intercongress.de/cgi-bin/regform_79106.exe?company=79106&event=1969&language=1&Entry=9
<https://www.intercongress.de/cgi-bin/regform_79106.exe?company=79106&event=1969&language=1&Entry=9>
The Bernstein Conference is the largest annual Computational Neuroscience conference in Europe with more than 500 international participants in recent years. The main conference includes two poster sessions, which are an important part of the conference.

For more information on the conference, please visit: www.bernstein-conference.de<http://www.bernstein-conference.de>

Satellite Workshops September 17-18, 2019
Main Conference September 18-20, 2019
PhD Symposium September 20-21, 2019

ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
We are inviting the submission of abstracts from all relevant areas. Authors of most accepted abstracts will get the chance for a poster presentation, a small number of abstracts will be selected for contributed talks during the main conference. Please note the earlier submission deadline for authors applying for a talk. All accepted abstracts will be published online and will be citable via Digital Object Identifiers (DOI).

For abstract submission please visit: bernstein-conference.de/2019/abstracts<https://www.bernstein-network.de/en/bernstein-conference/2019/abstracts?set_language=en>
Submission of an abstract does not replace conference registration.<https://www.intercongress.de/cgi-bin/regform_79106.exe?company=79106&event=1969&language=1&Entry=9>

ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINES:
Abstracts aimed as contributed talks and posters: June 13, 2019
Abstracts aimed as posters only: July 03, 2019

SELECTION OF CONTRIBUTED TALKS:
The contributed talks will be selected in a (double-)blind review process. Please design your abstract accordingly and ensure that no author or affiliation identifiers are included. Cite all relevant prior work (including your own) only in the passive voice or in the third person (for example, “It has been shown that… [1]” or "They have shown that... [1]”), do not use the words “my” or “our”, and do not include references to funding sources. Abstracts that have not been properly anonymized cannot be considered for contributed talks.

TRAVEL GRANTS:
To support the participation of young researchers in the Bernstein Conference, the Bernstein Coordination Site (BCOS) offers 10 Travel Grants, each endowed with 500 €.
Application deadline for travel grants: June 21, 2019
Please find further information under bernstein-conference.de/2019/apply-for-a-travel-grant<https://www.bernstein-network.de/en/bernstein-conference/2019/apply-for-a-travel-grant>

ACCOMMODATION AND HOTEL RESERVATION:
We have allcocated a certain number of rooms for you in selected hotels and we are cooperating with VisitBerlin, Berlin's tourist platform through which we are able to offer a customized hotel room booking platform. Conference participants can choose between different hotel categories. We strongly recommend early room booking!
Please find further information under bernstein-conference.de/2019/hotels<https://www.bernstein-network.de/en/bernstein-conference/2019/hotels?set_language=en>

POSTDOC MEETING, Sept 17, 7:00 pm:
This event is an informal get-together for post-docs. It is an opportunity to get to know each other, foster collaborations, exchange experiences and ideas. No preparation required, but if you have an idea or a particular topic you want to discuss with your peers, bring it along. Drinks and snacks will be provided.

VENUE SATELLITE WORKSHOPS and POSTDOC MEETING
Marchstrasse 23
10587 Berlin
(10 min. walk from the Technische Universität Berlin (TU Berlin) Main Building)

VENUE MAIN CONFERENCE:
Technische Universität Berlin (TU Berlin)
Main Building
Strasse des 17. Juni 135
10623 Berlin

VENUE PHD SYMPOSIUM:
Bernstein Center Berlin
Campus Nord
Philippstrasse 13
House 6
10115 Berlin

We are looking forward to welcoming you in Berlin!

Conference Chair and Host: Henning Sprekeler
Program Chair: Susanne Schreiber
Program Vice Chair: Elad Schneidman
Workshop Chair: Tatjana Tchumatchenko
Workshop Vice Chair: Tim Vogels
Technical Organization: Bernstein Coordination Site (BCOS)

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt