[Neuroinfo] Post Doc position in ERC-funded project at UCL: VR, modelling, ML, MEG - please circulate

Bach, Dominik d.bach at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Sep 30 17:25:09 CEST 2019

Post doc position in ERC-funded project "Action Selection under Threat", involving VR, behavioural experiments and modelling, wearable magnetoencephalography

Location: University College London (UK), Institute of Neurology, Max-Planck/UCL Centre for Computational Psychiatry and Ageing Research and Wellcome Centre for Human Neuroimaging

Project lead: Dominik R Bach is a principal research fellow at UCL

The project will look at the cognitive-computational control of motor behaviour under acute, immediate threat. We will set up an immersive virtual reality (VR) environment, in which people can move to avoid various threats. We will record people's behaviour using optical and video tracking, and use machine-learning to structure motor trajectories. Scenarios will then be tweaked to expose limitations of the psychological or computational mechanisms that govern behaviour. Finally, we will use wearable magnetoencephalography (OPMs) at the WCHN to investigate the neural basis of these algorithms.

We are currently looking for candidates with a PhD in cognitive-computational (neuro)science, applied machine-learning, biomechanics, motor science, or a quantitative field of psychology (e.g. vision, perception, behavioural economics), or similar.

More information and how to apply: https://bit.ly/2m7ok7R

Closing date: 17 October 2019

d.bach at ucl.ac.uk<mailto:d.bach at ucl.ac.uk>

Apologies for cross-posting.