[Neuroinfo] Information theory workshop at CNS*2020 -- call for contributed talks

Joseph Lizier joseph.lizier at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 16:02:25 CEST 2020

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce that the *Workshop on Methods of Information
Theory in Computational Neuroscience*
<http://lizier.me/joseph/conferences/202007-CNS2020-ITW/> will be held
once again at the CNS*2020 <https://www.cnsorg.org/cns-2020> conference,
/online/.
The workshop will be held during 3 sessions over two days of the main
conference, July 21 (15:00-18:30 CET) and July 22 (09:00-12:30,
15:00-18:30 CET).

Our confirmed *speakers* so far include the following (schedule
available soon):

  * Oliver Cliff, The University of Sydney -- "/Exact Inference of
    Linear Dependence Between Multiple Autocorrelated Time Series/"
  * Abdullah Makkeh, University of Goettingen -- "/A differentiable
    measure of pointwise shared information/"
  * Thomas Parr, University College London -- "/Inferring what to do/"
  * Daniel Polani, University of Hertfordshire -- /TBA/
  * Maryam Shanechi, University of Southern California -- /TBA/
  * Naotsugu Tsuchiya, Monash University -- "/Structure of information
    to understand the physical basis of consciousness/"/
    /
  * ... more TBA!

Also, we would like to *call for contributions* of talks. If you are
interested in contributing a talk, please send a title and abstract to
Joseph Lizier (joseph.lizier at sydney.edu.au
<mailto:joseph.lizier at sydney.edu.au>) at your earliest convenience
(earlier submissions will be prioritised)

Please see our website https://bit.ly/cns2020itw for more details.

We hope you will join us there!

*Organising Committee:*
Joseph Lizier