[Neuroinfo] Multiple openings in the Anastassiou Lab at Cedars Sinai (Neurosciences and Regenerative Medicine)

Anastassiou, Costas Costas.Anastassiou at cshs.org
Wed Jul 28 02:15:46 CEST 2021

The Anastassiou Laboratory at Cedars Sinai<https://www.cedars-sinai.edu/research/labs/anastassiou.html> located in magnificent Los Angeles is hiring at multiple levels! Our team studies how the molecular and cellular composition of neurons translates to their phenotype and how these properties combine in brain circuits to produce function or, in the case of disease, dysfunction. You will get to work in a highly collaborative environment at the interface of applied mathematics, computer science and biology.

We are affiliated with the Department of Neurosurgery and Neurology<https://www.cedars-sinai.org/programs/neurology-neurosurgery.html?s_kwid=&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3f6HBhDHARIsAD_i3D_cKOd3PQV9UxqdbQMYcQk36L3KHoZ8Rq3uGXJhRdVWebbhW2kkMl4aAkKrEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds>, the Center of Neural Sciences and Medicine<https://www.cedars-sinai.edu/research/areas/neural-science.html> and the Regenerative Medicine Institute<https://www.cedars-sinai.edu/research/departments-institutes/regenerative-medicine.html> at Cedars Sinai, one of the top US hospitals<https://www.cedars-sinai.org/newsroom/cedars-sinai-ranked-6-nationally-in-us-news--world-report/>.

Links to specific openings (incl. information on where/how to apply) are found below:

·         Postdoctoral scientist in computational neuroscience and human biophysics<https://jobs.cedars-sinai.edu/job/los-angeles/postdoctoral-scientist-computational-neuroscience-biophysics-research-experience-anastassiou-and-ru/252/9240463728> (in collaboration with Ueli Rutishauser<https://www.cedars-sinai.edu/research/labs/rutishauser.html>)

·         Postdoctoral scientist in computational neuroscience of brain stimulation<https://jobs.cedars-sinai.edu/job/los-angeles/postdoctoral-scientist-computational-research-experience-anastassiou-lab-department-of-neurosurgery/252/11217546496> (in collaboration with Soo Yeun Lee<https://alleninstitute.org/what-we-do/brain-science/about/team/staff-profiles/soo-yeun-lee/> and the Allen Institute for Brain Science<https://alleninstitute.org/what-we-do/brain-science/>)

·         Research associate II in model optimization and generation<https://jobs.cedars-sinai.edu/job/los-angeles/research-associate-ii-computational-research-experience-anastassiou-lab-department-of-neurosurgery/252/11217542176>

Note that we are continuously looking for talented and motivated students, postdocs, and staff members to join our team in our search to understand how neurons and circuits shape human brain functioning in health and disease<https://www.cedars-sinai.edu/research/labs/anastassiou.html>. See our current projects<https://www.cedars-sinai.edu/research/labs/anastassiou/areas.html> to know about our recent directions, and our publications to learn more about our work and overall approach.

Interested? Join us<https://www.cedars-sinai.edu/research/labs/anastassiou.html>! We are looking for computational and experimental applicants.

Regardless of your specific background and project, you will end up being exposed to a broad range of computational and experimental aspects of neuroscience and operate in a highly interdisciplinary team and department. You will have the opportunity to participate in the experiment design, experiment execution, method development, software implementation, data analysis & simulation, and experimental validation.

If you have questions about positions and projects email us at anastassiou.lab at gmail.com<mailto:anastassiou.lab at gmail.com> .

--
Costas A. Anastassiou, Ph.D.
Department of Neurosurgery and Neurology

Advanced Health Sciences Pavilion
127 S San Vicente Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90048

Bio and Lab website<https://bio.cedars-sinai.org/anastassioc/index.html?_ga=2.231178847.1766663133.1624301150-1433166474.1624301150&_gac=1.46154069.1624301151.CjwKCAjw8cCGBhB6EiwAgORey4191s0BPoiVsxftEyTAp_OxOrMjyzWFHNJdHQk93yV9F3KLEJASORoCteYQAvD_BwE>

IMPORTANT WARNING: This message is intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential, the disclosure of which is governed by applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is strictly prohibited. Thank you for your cooperation.