[Neuroinfo] Call for Symposia - NEURONUS 2022 IBRO Neuroscience Forum (15-17 October 2022, Krakow, Poland)

Michał Zaręba michal.rafal.zareba at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 19:13:00 CET 2022

*On behalf of my colleagues, I would like to invite you to **submit
symposia proposals for NEURONUS 2022 IBRO Neuroscience Forum, **which takes
place on 15-17 October 2022 in Krakow, Poland. We await your proposals
until 1 April 2022. More information can be found here:
https://neuronusforum.pl/page/40,call-for-symposia
<https://neuronusforum.pl/page/40,call-for-symposia>**.*

With prominent speakers and unique atmosphere of one of the oldest and most
beautiful Polish cities, NEURONUS IBRO Neuroscience Forums have established
themselves in the European calendar of scientific events as a platform for
communication between scientists from different fields of neuroscience.

The program of the conference consists of numerous sessions on biological,
cognitive, computational and medical aspects of neuroscience, creating a
dynamic environment for sharing knowledge. The schedule of the meeting is
further complemented with lectures by invited guests, and we invest a lot
of effort to attract as influential neuroscientists as possible. This year
we will host 6 keynote speakers including Lauri Nummenmaa (University of
Turku, Finland), Florian Engert (Harvard University, Cambridge, USA) and
Marina Bedny (Johns Hopkins University, USA). The remaining names will be
announced soon.

During the upcoming 12th edition of the conference, we will continue to put*
emphasis on development of early-career researchers*. The main purpose of
this event is to provide means for both young and experienced
neuroscientists to share the latest discoveries, knowledge and experience
in neuroscience, as well as make valuable contacts with scientists
representing various fields of neurobiology. We actively promote young
scientists through preferentially allocating oral presentations of their
experimental results. To help us achieve this goal, we have opened the *call
for symposia*.

A symposium should last approximately 90 minutes and be composed of a talk
by the Invited Speaker (of post-doc status or higher) and 3-4 talks given
by early-career researchers. Early-career speakers may be proposed by the
Symposium Organizer. At least two of the early-career speakers must be at
pre-doctoral level. The general focus of the symposium should fall within
the scope of biological and cognitive neuroscience.

Please contact us if more information is needed.

We strongly encourage you to join this special initiative and hope to see
you in the beautiful scenery of Krakow!

On behalf of my colleagues,

Michal Zareba
Organizing Committee