[Neuroinfo] Apply now for Smart Start Training Programm

Kathrin Hebert k.hebert at fz-juelich.de
Mon Feb 6 08:50:40 CET 2017

Call for applications

Ready for a SMARTSTART into Computational Neuroscience?

We invite first and second-year Master students with a background in related fields to apply to our joint training program SMARTSTART. The program aims at complementing previous studies with concepts, theories and techniques of Computational Neuroscience. SMARTSTART consists of two programs. Both of them last one year each and take place at numerous locations of the Bernstein Network and further locations throughout Germany.

SMARTSTART 1 provides financial support to then second-year Master students, allowing them to attend supplementary courses and training visits at participating institutions. Students will receive an experienced faculty mentor who will advise and guide them at this educational stage.

SMARTSTART 2 provides fully funded positions for pre-PhD students. At the start of the program, these students will have already obtained their Master´s degree and are in the process of selecting a PhD project. SMARTSTART 2 allows them to elaborate their own PhD proposal as a collaborative project between two labs. This comprises exchange visits as well as voluntary attendance of lectures and courses offered by participating institutions.

Both SMARTSTART programs will commence the second round in the winter term 2017/18. The Deadline for application is Tuesday, February 28, 2017.

More information can be found on our website:
www.smartstart-compneuro.de<http://www.smartstart-compneuro.de>

Best regards,
Kathrin Hebert

--

Kathrin Hebert

Smart Start - Joint Training Program in Computational Neuroscience
Coordination Office
Bernstein Network Computational Neuroscience | Bernstein Coordination Site (BCOS)
Branch Office of the Forschungszentrum Jülich
at the University of Freiburg
Hansastr. 9A | 79104 Freiburg, Germany

phone:  (+49) 0761 203 9593
mail:   k.hebert at fz-juelich.de<mailto:k.hebert at fz-juelich.de>