[Neuroinfo] REMINDER: Call for Workshops - Bernstein Conference 2017

Kerstin Schwarzwaelder k.schwarzwaelder at fz-juelich.de
Mon Feb 6 11:51:45 CET 2017

The Bernstein Network Computational Neuroscience and the Bernstein Center Göttingen
invite proposals for Satellite Workshops.
Satellite Workshops will directly precede the Bernstein Conference 2017 in Göttingen.

Important Dates:
Workshops: September 12 - 13, 2017
Main Bernstein Conference: September 13 - 15, 2017
Deadline for proposal submission: March 01, 2017
Notification of workshop acceptance: March 27, 2017

Since 2013, the Bernstein Conference hosts pre-conference workshops. They provide a stage to discuss topical
research questions, novel scientific approaches and challenges in Computational Neuroscience and related fields.
Workshops addressing controversial issues, open problems, and comparisons of competing approaches are
encouraged. Workshop formats should be designed to foster debate beyond a mere series of talks.
The Bernstein Conference started out as the annual meeting of the Bernstein Network Computational Neuroscience
and has become the largest annual single-track Computational Neuroscience conference in Europe in recent years.

Workshop time frame:
September 12, 2017, 13:00 - 18:00
September 13, 2017,   9:00 - 12:30

Workshop proposals are welcome for either half-day or full-day workshops.

Workshop costs: NEW THIS YEAR – FINANCIAL SUPPORT:
For all accepted workshops the registration is free of charge for organizers and speakers. Organizers will also receive
a waiver for the main conference fee. New this year: From the accepted workshops a maximum of ten workshops
will be selected to each receive financial support of up to 1.500,00 €.

For further information about the conference, please visit the conference website http://www.bernstein-conference.de.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS PREPARATION
Workshop proposals must contain:
1) Workshop Title
2) Concise description of workshop topic
3) List of potential speakers indicating speaker commitment

Please use the Workshop Proposal Form that can be downloaded here:
http://www.nncn.de/de/bernstein-conference/2017/satellite-workshops

Deadline for submission of Workshop proposals: March 01, 2017

Accommodation and Hotel Reservation:
We strongly recommend early room booking.  The number of available accommodation is limited due to several
concurrent events. We arranged for room contingents in a variety of hotels that you may book by yourself by email or
phone. Please follow the instructions at our Accommodations Web-site
(http://www.nncn.de/de/bernstein-conference/2017/venue/accommodation).
We would like to emphasize that these room contingents will be held open up to different expiration dates depending
on the hotel (or until they are filled). The earliest expiration date is already end of May 2017 whereas the majority of
offers expire at the 12th of July 2017. We strongly encourage participants to share rooms and to book rooms as a group.
Groups of three or four are possible if you book a suite.  The room contingent contains a set of suits and apartments.
We emphasize that it will be very difficult to book accommodation beyond the expiration dates.
Please find a list of the hotels at our Accommodations Web-site.

CONTACT: contact(at)bccn-goettingen.de

We are looking forward to seeing you in Göttingen!

WORKSHOP SELECTION COMMITTEE:
Florentin Wörgötter (Chair)
Marion Silies (co-Chair)
Christian Tetzlaff (co-Chair)
Matthias Bethge
Laura Busse
Claudia Clopath
Julia Fischer
Alexander Gail
Richard Hahnloser
Claus Hilgetag
Peter Jonas
Siegrid Löwel
Michael Platt
Viola Priesemann
Nicole Rust
Fred Wolf (Conference Chair)

--
Dr Zrinka Gattin
Bernstein Center for Computational Neuroscience (BCCN) Goettingen

Phone:    +49 (0)551 5176 418
Fax:      +49 (0)551 5176 14418
E-Mail:   zrinka at nld.ds.mpg.de<mailto:zrinka at nld.ds.mpg.de>

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH