[Neuroinfo] Postdoc position in modeling cerebrocerebellar communication loop on K supercomputer

YAMAZAKI Tadashi search17 at numericalbrain.org
Mon Feb 6 14:26:59 CET 2017

Dear all,

I am seeking a postdoc who will be engaged with our Post-K supercomputer project.

In the project, headed by Dr. Kenji Doya in OIST, we are building a human-scale brain network model composed of the motor cortical hierarchy, basal ganglia, and cerebellum with spiking neurons on Japanese flagship K supercomputer and its successor called Post-K tentatively. The main task of the postdoc is to implement the cerebrocerebellar communication loop on K. Our cerebellar model and the motor cortex model developed by other project members are already available. The postdoc has to bring them all and on the K bind them.

I expect that the postdoc has a Ph.D. in the field of neuroscience or computer science, and can live in Tokyo. The postdoc must be able to survey neuroscience papers on the cerebcrocerebellar communication loop, write the blueprint, and implement it in C99 on K. Experience on NEURON, NEST, matlab and python don’t matter very much.

Further details are found at

http://numericalbrain.org/en/2017/02/postdoc-position-postk/

Informal enquiries are also welcome.

Regards,