[Neuroinfo] Event Announcement: 2nd HBP Young Researchers Event: Integrating neuroscience data into models and simulations

HBP Education education at humanbrainproject.eu
Fri Jun 23 10:49:28 CEST 2017

Dear all,

On 12-13 September 2017, the 2nd HBP Young Researchers Event, organised by young researchers from within the Human Brain Project, will take place in Geneva, Switzerland on the topic of „Integrating neuroscience data into models and simulations“.

Please find some general information about the event below and in the attached PDF files.

Best regards,

The Education Programme Office

Medical University Innsbruck (MUI)

Center of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy

Experimental Psychiatry Unit

Müllerstraße 59, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria

Phone Office: +43 512 9003 71245

Email: education at humanbrainproject.eu <mailto:education at humanbrainproject.eu>

 <>2nd HBP Young Researchers Event: Integrating neuroscience data into models and simulations <>

Geneva, Switzerland, 12-13 September 2017

https://education.humanbrainproject.eu/web/young-researchers-event-2017/home <https://education.humanbrainproject.eu/web/young-researchers-event-2017/home>

Description

The 2nd Young Researchers Event (YRE) 2017 is hosted by the Human Brain Project (HBP) and organised by young researchers within the HBP. It will take place in Geneva on 12-13 September and is immediately followed by the in-depth CodeJam on 13-15 September.

This year’s theme is integrating neuroscience data into models and simulations. Participants have the opportunity to learn about the Information & Communication Technology Infrastructure offered and developed by the HBP, and how to use it for their own research. They will further get the chance to meet other researchers with similar interests, work in small groups and get support on their projects from the HBP Platform experts.

Programme structure

Keynote lectures

Break-out sessions

Project work and presentations

The event is targeted towards young researchers (Master and PhD students as well as early postdocs) both from within and outside the HBP and will answer the following questions:

·       I have obtained experimental data and want to include it in a simulation or compare simulated results using one of the HBP Platforms.
Which one do I use? How can I use it?

·       I have already started working with the HBP Platforms, but do not know how to continue. What are the next steps?

·       I have not worked with the HBP Platforms yet, but wish to learn more about them. What can I do? How can I get started?

These questions will be addressed in various break-out sessions guided by HBP Platform experts.

Topics and speakers confirmed

·       Neuroinformatics Platform
Sonja Grün | JUELICH

·       Brain Simulation Platform
Armando Romani | EPFL

·       High Performance Analytics and Computing Platform
Bernd Schuller | JUELICH

·       Medical Informatics Platform
Zsuzsanna Püspöki | CHUV

·       Neuromorphic Computing Platform
Speaker tbc

·       Neurorobotics Platform
Marc-Oliver Gewaltig | EPFL

Upcoming deadlines

Project submission deadline: 18 July 2017

Regsitration deadline: 16 August 2017

Senior Chair

Marc-Oliver Gewaltig | EPFL

Steering Committee

Petrut Bogdan | UMAN

Irene Costantini | LENS

Sandra Diaz | JUELICH

Katharina Heil | UEDIN, KTH

Carmen Alina Lupascu | CNR

Felix Matuschke | JUELICH

Andrew Morgan | UGLA

Maria Pasquini | SSSA

Zsuzsanna Püspöki | CHUV

Armando Romani | EPFL

Michael von Papen | JUELICH

Yoav Zeevi | TAU

Contact and further information

HBP Education Programme Office

education at humanbrainproject.eu <mailto:education at humanbrainproject.eu>
https://education.humanbrainproject.eu/web/young-researchers-event-2017/home <https://education.humanbrainproject.eu/web/young-researchers-event-2017/home>

Keywords

Neuroscience, Modelling, Simulations, Neuroinformatics, Brain Simulation, High Performance Computing, Medical Informatics, Neuromorphic Computing, Neurorobotics